Friday, October 21, 2011

We Are What We Think!


What are you thinking about?


I believe that the voice in our heads can be our own worst enemy. The way we talk to ourselves can be so brutal and negative that we don't even need anyone else to tell us what a big loser we are, because we've done a fine job of telling ourselves that. This is called negative chatter. Stop the negative chatter!

Have you ever replayed the mental video of an argument or moment of hurt so many times that you know everything that happened by heart? Or maybe it’s a moment of embarrassment or failure? Or maybe nothing happened at all and your imagination created a negative make-believe situation? Over and over the images roll past your mind’s eye, reminding you to stay in a dark place. And you ask yourself why you are so stupid, so vulnerable, so naive? We’ve all been there. But it’s not a healthy place to dwell.

Asking questions of ourselves can be one of the greatest skills we acquire. But they have to be the right questions that lead us away from the dreaded mental rewinds. The questions have to lead us toward healing, solutions, and emotional growth. When we’re focused on becoming more positive, asking ourselves thought provoking questions can lead to a shift in our attitude toward good energy. It can also turn our self-talk from an enemy to a friend. And who couldn’t use some extra good vibes or a great new friend? When the urge to mentally review the event in question hits - ask yourself, will it make me feel better to go over this yet again? I promise, the answer will be no. 

What questions are you asking yourself daily? And what are you doing with the answers? Here are a few question suggestions:
1.    Did I lead by example today? Did I treat others the way I would like to be treated at my job, in my home, on the run, on the Internet? If I have children, what did they learn from my actions today?
2.   Did I communicate love to my family and friends today? How?
3.   What did I come across today that I need to spend more time thinking about? Was there anything I could have done better? Are there lessons to be learned?
4.   What have I learned today that will help me grow? How can I apply it to my life?
5.    Did I add value to anyone today? Is there something more I can do to compound the positive benefit he or she received?
6.   Did I spend any time with positive people today? Did I cultivate my attitude and outlook on life?
7.   What hurt or un-forgiveness am I carrying with me? Is it time to keep the lesson and unburden myself from the experience?
8.   Did I beat myself up today or did I remind myself of my good qualities and cultivate them? What we spend time focusing on grows. Focus on that which you hope to expand.
9. Last but not least, what were your intentions? It makes it hard to beat yourself up if you know that you are coming from a place of good intentions. Not just for you, but for everyone.

My wish for you is that all your days be wrapped in Peace & Love - Mama Love

Gemstones, as well as everything of the earth, have energy. Learning which energies to surround yourself with can bring positive energy. 
Rose Quartz  - Great for attracting love. Promotes self-loving and heals emotional wounds as well as promoting peace, forgiveness, and nurturing.

No comments:

Post a Comment